(should I go ahead and apologize because I find drawing these little craptastic cartoons incredibly cathartic?) (sorry not sorry)
First, we have the mild colic.
Then, the Archer brilliantly throws a shoe.
All of this appears too much for his immune system and we have an outbreak of hives.
So, in lieu of working hard, we work on mental boundaries and go on our longest solo trail ride to date.
...And we break the bridge.
This warrants more explanation:
- We have crossed this bridge multiple times:
- When I felt his butt lurch, I immediately dismounted and checked him over. I wasn't sure which leg went through the bridge. There was no blood and he was not lame.
- It was approximately a mile and a half back to the barn. I hand-walked him for a little while until I was sure that he was sound and the excitement of having something collapse beneath you had passed.
- I dismounted again when it came time to cross the major street and proceeded to hand walk him until we had passed all the muddy areas and were back on flat, solid land.
- When I was untacking him and checking him over, I noticed the blood. It was probably a dime-size-ish and a scrape, not a puncture. Archie got completely cleaned up and given a little bute for the ordeal. He also got the next day off.
|First notice, while untacking.|
|After cleaning up a bit.|