I feel like the theme for all my time off was weather and Archie. With a sprinkling of gym time and bonding with the hubs.
|I bought this saddle pad a really, really long time ago.|
- I asked my BM if she had any nippers and her immediate response was something like, "FOR ARCHIE?!" because I guess she got the memo that he'll be in shoes forever, too. Actually, she used them to rip the "Dolce" off the leather halter.
- D and I bumped into my Krav Maga instructor at the gym. Slightly awkward, as I had just been teased by D for doing assisted sit-up punches with my feet nestled under this guy's thighs. Yes, it was just as freaking uncomfortable as it sounds. It's at about 1:15 on the below video, except you punch once you get to the top.
- I can't believe I forgot to mention this when I started Krav Maga:
- First day, I parked behind a SCAD student with equestrian stickers all over her SUV. There aren't a lot of us, so she's freaking lucky that I didn't start knocking on random doors to make friends.
- My KM trainer actually owns 300 acres in Utah, where he keeps horses. He said that his son has taken over and runs the property. He said he personally owns a Paso Fino and a QH, but appreciates the QH more for the speed.
- He wants to come out and photograph Archie. I've got no issues with anyone photographing the Kid, so long as they share their work.
- I got a shit ton of books in the mail, the first of which I've started. There will probably be a separate post just about these books.
- I photographed at the HS twice. I got some really, really nice photos. (And some not-so-nice.)
|I love it so much already.|
|Bee was actually rescued from a dog fighting ring and came in with her sister, Rabbit. She's the charmer.|
|I love cats that stand.|
|Can I admit that I'm lazy and didn't want to bother editing out a leash on a dog that had already been adopted?|
|Love her smile!|
- Very little time was spent sitting in restaurants, but a lot of time was spent slicing vegetables and grilling out.
|And being goofy.|
- I had a lot of plans for yesterday's ride, but the weather turned pretty nasty. So we spent some time working in hand.