Fail Friday.

I was super duper excited about offering another tutorial.  Because I've got the fucking patents on drilling holes in 4x4s and screwing walls.

I was at Joann's a few weekends ago, buying fleece fabric because Savannah has destroyed all 400 beds that she gets to lay on unsupervised.  She digs into them in an attempt to reshape them.  After duct-taping the last one's shredded fabric and pulling out the chunks of foam, I realized that I didn't want anyone to walk into my house and think that I was supplying my dogs such a fucking ugly bed.  So, piles of fleece it is.

Anyways, while wandering for the fluffiest fleece, I stumbled upon the tulle.  I have no use for this stuff, never really thought about it before.  I make neither tu-tus nor those weird tulle wreaths.  But I thought that by layering the mesh, I could have a fabulous fly boot option.  I'll keep this (somewhat) brief.

Measured, cut and folded.
Sewed pieces together and along the diagonal, for stability.  Added fleece remnants to the top for comfort.
Added industrial velcro and secured with additional fleece.  Also, FYI, sewing through something with an adhesive back will fuck up your needle and cause your machine to make angry noises.  Since my machine is a mini, it growled like a kitten.
Finished pieces!
Little big, but seemed secure!
And the next morning.  :(

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Awww. They looked so nice though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And cheap! Like, $5 and I have a TON of material left over!

      Delete
  2. I wonder if you could put like...an elastic band around the top and/or bottom? Possibly with some kind of fleecy stuff sewn around it so it wouldn't rub? That may be beyond what you're comfortable sewing (*raises hand*) or may not be cost effective. But maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with the elastic is that it would gather, unless I turned them into... more like knee high stockings? Like, sewed them closed. Good thought, though! I should keep screwing with them.

      Delete
  3. It's a great start :) just needs to be perfected/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have horrible patience for trial and error. :(

      Delete
  4. You are so handy!! I bought some of these for Henry and they lasted about one season lol... but I thought they helped :)

    Your way is much more cost affective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire you for even attempting something like that. I have zero patience for crafts. A sewing machine probs isn't the worst idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to make stuff like this for my Breyer horses...that is far as I had the guts to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to get things to stay up on the hinds.. I admire your craftiness. ;D

    Feel for you about the "dog nest" problem... my Sweetpea dog nested all her beds, and eventually my brand new sofa. :(

    ReplyDelete