Okay, before we get into the nitty-gritty of this post, lemme tell a little story about real-life stalking.
I've often lamented the fact that my city isn't overly horse-friendly. Not like my hometown (which, yeah, I get that I may sound overly homesick sometimes, but I moved for a reason and am sure as shit not moving back). A sprinkling of barns on the outskirts and a Tractor Supply about an hour outside of town (at least, in rush hour traffic).
After Krav Maga last night, I decided that I absolutely had to make some lasagna. D is doing a special diet as directed by a nutritionist for body-builders, so I've been graciously eating everything in the house that he can't. Fending for myself here.
So I swing by the little grocery store in my neighborhood, derp on the aisle I'm supposed to be in, and encounter a woman in khaki ribbed breeches (looked more like Pikeur than my Tuffriders) and tall boots. Being introverted doesn't mean I'm shy, so I had no problem immediately asking her where she rode. This led to a ten minute conversation, an exchange of numbers, texts for hours and now I'm probably going to visit her super-fancy barn tonight.
The moral of this story: wear your riding clothes everywhere.
On to internet stalking!
L asks: what equestrian blogger out there do you really want to meet?
Answering this and reading the answers makes me feel really clique. So, sincere apologies to those outside my immediate circle of stalkerdom, but these are the women I know best.
- L, because she should have been my real-life bestie by now. I had all sorts of plans for making her teach me how to ride. For drinking. For binge sugar eating. But, for what it's worth, I talk to her more than I talk to people who live in my city and I think that counts for something. Also, who's to say that Savannah and SCAD would be as fulfilling as the program that has eaten all of her time now?
- Hillary, because she's one classy lady and we have ponies and puppies in common. Also, she's super easy to talk to. I want to go visit her! See the place my pony was born, drink mint juleps, touch expensive leather, and try to pick up on some of her amazing fashion sense. Can "classy" rub off?
- Carly, because no one else I know swears like a fucking sailor quite like me, except that fabulous bitch. Totally admit that I had a woman-crush on her because of her strong personality and ability to ride Bobert in whatever discipline struck her fancy.
- The Endurance Trifecta: Saiph, Liz and Dom. Congrats, you're all one person now. I love reading their shenanigans (catch that? I'm even stalking your inside jokes) and can't think of much better than riding a pony for hours and hours and then having a couple of beers with these ladies. Except, you know, riding Archie for hours and hours and then having a couple of beers with all these ladies.
- "Solo's Mom". She's super duper busy having a job and building her own farm, but I really think that if I could spend a day following her around (with the horses, not so much the fish), I'd glean more than I have in the last year. She oozes knowledge.