We have our next recheck on Monday. To say that I am excited is an understatement. I'm tired of waiting - at this point, I borderline don't give a fuck if we have to do surgery, so long as we're taking a step in some direction. Borderline because I still totally and vehemently don't want to slice into Pony's leg.
I think the moral of the story is that we are both completely over this.
(Thinking about the start of our tenth week made me think of Karen's vet's projection that it would take Izzy's comparable injury ten weeks or so to resolve. If you haven't seen this, go check out another beautiful bay with another ginormous laceration on his left hind.)
Anyways, he told me that he would bury another penny for us. I've never heard the expression before, but I'm touched by the sentiment. Here's hoping Monday brings us some good news.